TAKEMOTO Co., Ltd. was originally founded in March 1950 in Taito-ku, Tokyo, as a glass bottle recycling company. The company opened its first “showroom” in Kappabashi market street during 1960. In the following years, the company transitioned from glass related business to plastic, aiming to expand the market for its signature product: “Standard bottles”.
Founded in March in Matsuba-cho, Taito-ku (modern day Matsugaya, Taito-ku)
Takemoto Yohki Co., Ltd. established on May 19
Storefront opened at Asakusa Kappabashi Dougu Street
First blow-molded plastic product launched
First injection-molded product launched
Ueno Sales Office opened
New headquarters building established in Matsugaya, Taito-ku, headquarters moved